CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ok so lets talk mother day!

Mothers lol... wow it was a treat. I have been on everyones blogs and heard how great there husbands where and blah blah blah! well casey sucks! lol! i hate to through him under the bus but its a true story!Saturday afternoon casey calls and says hes at target what do i want for mothers day? He said he was thinking a camera or something like that since i lost mine. i told him oh your shopping for mothers day right now at target. I told him i didnt want a camera, cause well i didnt want to spend that much. i told him it wasnt a big deal i dont need anything, really dont worry about it. Not knowing he would take me seriously... thinking he would get something a flower or card a painting from lillian and him something. Mothers day came and nothing...after church on sunday i got lillian fed and ready for nap and then went to lay down myself. he asked how my mothers day was going and i said that i was a little disappointed i thought he would do something. Make breakfast, get lilli ready for church, or nap, or feed her lunch or me lunch. I could tell he was a little embarrassed because instead of saying sorry he just got all bugged. "well you said it wasnt a big deal court my gosh." so he ended up breaking the sabath and buying a camera at target to make a long story short. Now for me mothers day isnt about a big fancy gift its about the thoughtfulness. I love my camera but I would have loved even more for Casey just to make it feel like a specail day for me.

11 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. Mothers day kind of sucked. It wasn't jeremy's fault. I told him I wanted a dress and I would find it and couldn't find one. Then Brody screamed all day :( maybe next year will be better

Ashley C said...

This was the extent of my mother's day...

Nate: Oh yeah, Happy Mother's Day.
Ashley: Thanks

You think your day sucked. :)

Twisted Sister said...

Hahahahahahaha, I'm sorry... it is funny though.

The one thing I have learned in 15 years of marriage is to have a back up plan. For birthdays, Christmas and Mothers Day I already know something I would really enjoy (whether it's a gift or an event) and then I make sure it happens. I've never disappointed myself yet... :-)

P.S. Wait until you hear the line, "But you're not my mother..."

Shauna said...

WOW! Bummer deal! Well. . .I bet he learned his lesson and you will have super duper mother's day from here on out. I kind of feel like every day is mother's day for me so I don't really expect too much! Glad you got a new camera. Can't wait to see fun pictures. :)

Becca said...

Oh Court... what a sad day! :( I'm with Shauna though.. I bet you'll have the best Mother's Day EVER next year! And new cameras are so fuN!

Heather said...

OK, you are hilarious. And c'mon Case, it's Mother's Day!! I can totally see Jared doing something like that. So funny!

Brooke said...

I agree about mother's day! Taylor ended up in Urgent care fell off the swing set and landed straight on her bumb! Screamed the rest of the night... Happy Mother's day we love you....

Chels Grubbs said...

BOOOOO to that day for you!!! That's the lamest!!!Tim said, "good one Case" When secretly he is not so good at that stuff either, I asked him when my birthday was the other day and he told me the wrong day : ( And if it makes you feel better apparently every one in my ward just thought I was getting fat cuz when they saw on the relief society binder that I'm pregnant they were all shocked. Boo to everyone

Laura said...

That's totally funny to me, because that's for sure something that Shaun would do! In fact, I'm fairly certain that already happened at some point in our marriage, I just can't remember that far back anymore! Well, at least you scored a camera out of it!
P.S. Your belly pics are adorable!

Lori said...

He catch on one of these days Court. My brother Jim, on Ann's first Mother's Day he didn't do anything or say anything. Ann made a comment about it and he said "Your not my mother!" He has not lived that one down, but ever since he has been really good on Mother's Day.

I'll talk to Casey and give him a few hints.

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Dude, husbands are lame!
I know you dont know me ... but I have to tell you, you arent alone!

My husband made my mothers day wonderful...but what about birthdays???
last year he forgot my bday...yeah, I planned my own party dont worry!

Tell Casey, he better make up for it next year...come on Casey!